Thursday, 7 January 2016

Sporting goals

I have been trying to decide on sporting goals for the next year. Since giving up rowing I have mainly focuses on getting fit and getting in shape but I would now like to move that focus onto other goals instead.
I have decided to do some 5K races this year, perhaps building up to a 10K or two by the end of the year. Spent some time at the gym last night finding a starting point for my training. I had intended on starting at 15 mins at 9.5km/h but I was feeling good at the 15 minute mark so pushed on to 22 mins. I feel I could have made it to 30 mins had I wanted to but have decided building up to that mark would be best. Couldn't make it to the gym today due to flooding and road closures but will hopefully be back tomorrow. Goal for tomorrow is 25 mins at 9.5km/h.
Also thinking about improving my cycling. I have a great road bike with I currently use for fun in the summer months but have yet to do any races. Need to work out the best way of training for that though.
Also working on improving my swimming. I can swim, but quite poorly so have been going to the pool with mum as she wants to start swimming too. Things are improving slowly but I can't say I particularly enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment